Monday, 8 October 2007

I miss home.
    I'm feeling it.
    Home-sickness.
    I miss my sister. I miss my mum. I miss my dad and my irritating bro.

    I miss the days where I'll return home from work, have dinner in front of the TV and just talk to my mum about my day.
    I miss the nights where Syluie and I say goodnight from different beds but end up on the same one after five mins or so.
    I miss running into my brother's room when I feel bored, to talk to him about all the randomest stuff.
    I miss getting face to face advice from my dad.

    I miss home-cooked food. Although I really don't get much of it even when I'm back home.
    I miss my grandma's traditional teochew porridge and thick spicy curry.
    I miss going to block 85 with my family after midnight on fridays.
    I miss driving us all there.
    I miss simpang dinners with food comm.
    I miss all the pitstop fun with the BSC gang.
    I miss the endless chatter with my poly friends.
    I miss taking neoprints with the sacians.
    I miss hugging boss kang and cherlyn and my other crazy ex-colleagues.

    I miss the touch of the steering wheel.
    I miss laying on my bed and reading a book, fighting with my eyelids.
    I miss being near enough to the light switch so I can just reach out and switch off the light.
    I miss bathing without having to lug all my toiletries to the toilet.
    I miss the big bathing space and the flexible shower head.
    I miss eating maggie mee that's well cooked over a fire.
    I miss finding lots of extra ingredients to throw in.
    I miss eating and cooking eggs.
    I miss cooking for my bro and sis when mum isn't around.
    I miss making my rojak-salads.

    I miss watching the TV.
    I miss reading my monthly magazines.
    I miss reading the newspapers, especially LIFE!
    I miss taking the MRT train to and fro.
    I miss long bus rides from Orchard back home.
    I miss shopping in town, the whole Orchard Rd shopping belt.
    I miss the aching-feel-goodness of my legs when I complete walking from Orchard Rd, to Somerset, to Dhoby Gaut, to City Hall and then Bugis.
    I miss taking cabs for less than $20.
    I miss receiving my monthly salary.
    I miss being able to shop till late.
    I miss cheap hawker food.
    I miss street snacks from Old Chang Kee.
    I miss dim sum from Din Tai Fung.
    I miss eating crabs!
    I miss yummy crunchy prawns.
    I miss fattening buffets.

    I miss jogging around my estate.
    I miss exploring somewhere new around my home when I'm bored.
    I miss 24 hour convenience stalls that do not seem freakishly expensive anymore.

    I miss home, I really do.
| 01:19 | |

Comments:
hellooooooo.

i'm not longer working with rita. we've divorced. hahaha.
i miss you babe!
 
Post a Comment