Tuesday, 31 July 2007
A Note To Myself, updated.
- I have so much to blog about and I haven't been able to keep up.
I wanna engrave the past few weeks' farewell parties into my memory (aka, here)
So here are the posts and pictures owing (to myself):
- Farewell dinner with Mr Yim, Linda, Ingrid, Steph and Elvin.

Mr Yim recommended Garuda Indonesian Restaurant.
He asked me to chose between Indonesian and Thai food and I am not much of a Thai food fan, so...
The orange earrings are from Ingrid!

One of the colleagues I'm closer to.
I used to sit in front of her and she will always share snacks from her clients.
I miss you Ingrid!

We took the set dinner which comprised of many Nasi Padang dishes.
Mutton, sambal prawns, sambal egg, sambal vegetables, haha!
I ate ALOT! It was so yummy, I'm craving for nasi padang right now!
Anyway, I let myself go cos I knew I wouldn't be able to get this in Perth.

That's the group of us!
(Clockwise) Steph, Me, Mr Yim, Linda, Elvin and Ingrid!
I like this group of colleagues a lot. My lunch mates.
With them, you really wish you don't have the complexity of work coming in between.
Oh! And before leaving, Mr Yim kissed me in on cheek! Hee hee..
I think Mr Yim is soooo cute!
Those of you who heard my complains regarding my interview, it was Mr Yim who scared the shit out of me, asking me to draw the Demand and Supply curve there and then!
But he turned out to be really nice and funny and generous and one big joker.
If he was more my age I would have a major crush on him.
I really hope he doesn't read this. =\
And Aunty Linda was my mother during my stay in B1.
She is super animated and funny.
And a pure Starbucks fan.
We would go for starbucks after lunch about three times a week, especially when Boss Kang and Rev Tan were still around, together with Mr Que and Ingrid and Augie.
I miss those times.
- CSMD Farewell
We had a farewell thing for Tricia and myself some time ago, at Ice Cold Beer.

FOOOOD, all recommended by Jessica and June =)

Hidey, my BIG boss, caught in the act, chicken wing in hand.
The night rolled on.

And we camwhored.


Hidey and Mr Han were pretty much forced to take individual pictures with Tricia and I. Haha! Sort of a parting shot kind of thing.



I think Tricia is very pretty. Ok this is so random but the first time I met her, I went 'woahhh'. Anyway, I got a lot of help from her, especially after I moved up to the 33rd floor. I'm always taking her envelopes and files. =P Tricia was also my senior in SAC!
I like Jessica a lot. I didn't get to work with her much until later during my time with Meritus. We did the month end reports together and she's super patient and hardworking. Always skipping lunch. Jess I hope you're taking good care of yourself! Don't overwork!
- Lunch with Boss & Shelley and Tea with Wotif


- Crab dinner with relatives.
On impulse, we made our way to this very well hidden and famous Seafood restaurant, on Defu Lane one Saturday.
We had the three different types of crab.

Chilli Crab + Mantou, Black Pepper Crab and the last one, I forgot. And I also forgot to take a picture before everyone took their piece. It's a milky gravy with a bit of oatmeal.
I used to love Black Pepper Crab more than any others but now I can't decide which one is my favourite.
We had second rounds of the same three types. Oh and pork ribs and coconut!
No rice no nothing, but we were still filled up.

One of my favouritest drinks in the whole wide world!

My momma enjoying hers. I miss my momma... =(

Syluie and I with Granny and Sayi.
I love and miss my grandmother's cooking a lot.
She makes the best chicken curry and dumpling!
The dumpling festival came around mid June so I had lots of dumplings before I left.
Then she also made this preserved vegetables thing that we affectionately named Grandfather's Vegetable since young, I don't know why.
And I had porridge with it, canned peanuts and her homemade hay bee hiam for lunch for days!

I know hay bee hiam with porridge sounds weird but I love love LOVE IT!
I love teochew porridge and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.
- Dim Sum with Jane and Leya.
I don't know why I didn't make the effort to meet up more with these girls.
I worked and talked a lot to them during my stint in Meritus, and their work place is in Tampines!
Anyway, we had lunch at Crystal Jade, TM.

Before

After

The Culprits

Jane has been helping me loads since Day One.
She was the one who trained me with the netbooking system and rate loading and such.
And she has such a big and kind heart.
I can give her like 5 calls in one day, asking stupid questions and she will still answer with utmost patience and cheerfulness.
Jane, though you're no longer on my speed dial, I will never take you off the offline friendster list I technically do not have.
Thank you for all your help, guidance and support!
I miss hearing your voice mail message! haha!

Leya happens to be a friend of my current neighbour, Persis.
Persis and I found it out by ourselves and decided to play a prank on Leya.
We used my MSN account to chat with her. At first, we wanted to webcam with her but due to technical faults, we could only use words.
Anyway, Persis worked her way through it, talking about their own circle of friends and all.
We ended up with bolts of laughter!
Leya and I slept on the same bed before. Heh heh.
It was during a familiarity stay, in one of Meritus Mandarin's Premier rooms.
The next day was National Day and this girl, woke up, went down to the office to work straight away. She is super hard working.
Don't really have the chance to chat with her cos she's always rushing here and there. Desk to photocopier, fax machine to front office.
But she's always there to encourage me, ask me out for lunch and to go home. We'll complain to each other and I wouldn't have to worry about any secrets being revealed.
Anyway, hope you're getting what you deserve at your new place. Stay happy girl! =)
- Indian food for dinner and Dim Sum for supper with relatives.
Uncle Christopher and Aunty Colleen have been helping me a lot with my move to Perth.
They brought me out to Mustafa one night, along with Aunty Janice and my so called credit card, also known as my mum, to get last minute stuff.
We had indian food for dinner!

I forgot the restaurant's name but here's a picture of the menu for reference. It's located directly opposite one of Mustafa's entrance. And the food is really good. Recommended by my Uncle and Aunt, who are, by the way, Indian food fanatics.

Stay away from mysore if you wanna stay away from sores. =P

I forgot the name of this dish I had. This is what happens what you put off blogging. Ah, I think it's called Masala set.
Comes with three pieces of naan and a variety of dips. I love naan! And the dip with chick pea! And poppadum. And I love saying it.
poppadum
poppadum
poppadum
poppadum
poppadum
...

Uncle Chris digging into his Thosai.
Shopped around in Mustafa for hours!
I finally got my hair dryer, iron, adaptors, and other stuffadies.
We then headed for dim sum nearby. It was already 1am.

It's fantastically good!
I love the har gow! I love har gow!
And their noodled carrot cake!

I took a name card but really cannot remember the name already.
Will post it up when I remember.
Anyway, I think it's the only place you can find dim sum, near Mustafa, at such an hour.
- Kenny's homecoming at Pistop.

Kok, Cass, Sel, Chong, Mira, Nad, Ben, Jenny, Ariel, Kenny, Aloy.
We welcomed Kenny home from Perth with a round of games at Pitstop!
Kenny was my senior in TP and will be my senior once again in UWA.
We played various games, which included this leaning tower of Pisa thing.

Selsel and I with the tower.

Our Terracotta Army...

Which we have to place one by one on the tower.

Food Comm!!!
After games, we headed down to Simpang Bedok for a round of pratas!

That's a smiley Rach Lum who's happy cos she finally get gooood prata!
And a dazed Sel (ahaha...) and a totally clueless Mira diggin in!
Food Comm!!!
Oh, I miss prata! Especially the curry. It's so watery I can just drink it up like soup.
Get Nad's account of our fun!
- Back to TP with BSC.

Exerpt from previous post.
And then on Friday, yesterday, Jen, her bro Simon, Kok, Eddie, Sel, Lum and I went back to darling TP. And oh how I miss school! The whole walking into Business School. The 6th floor smell. The fooood - which is mainly the reason why we went back. $2.70 chicken chop at biz park! Tasted a bit different and we were joking that it was because the caaarlet one uncle isn't there anymore.
We also met up with Mr Lin and Mr Sng who looked the same. OH! I bumped into Mr Nair, Mr CPM Lee, Ms Ivy Tan and Ms Grace er, something. I almost forgot Aloy Lee's surname also cos the whole time we would call him Aloy. Haha! I thought I wouldn't see any of them cos majority would be at the Tourism Academy all the way in Sentosa...
Got to meet the current BSC comm and ladies, I'm proud to announce that the President and Vice President of the 07/08 comm are finally females!!! I think the closest we got to that was when Nad was VP eh! In fact, when we visited, most of the guys weren't there so it seemed like BSC became BSG (Business Studies Girls). Seeing the BSC room again brought back so many memories. The sofa. The super big MAC G4 box (which they still use to contain Tshirts). The metal cupboard and bamboo sticks.
It made me feel pretty old too. They're like 18, which was almost three years ago for me. And when Kok said he was from the 01/02 committee, they were like "We were primary six then." Ahahaha! And they informed us that they will be organizing an Alumni Day, which I think I will not be around for =(.
And then we just slacked outside LT 18 on one of the green uncomfortable holed benches. Seemed like a normal (and free-er) school day where you'll just watch people rush by for classes.

FOOD COMMMMM!

Familiar green benches that'll give your legs an ugly pattern if you're wearing a short skirt.

BSC Noticeboard! The corkboard house that Gerie made for our AGM is still there!

We were bored.


"RAHHHHH!"
We were very bored.
Sel's concise report.
- Prawning with BSC.
I lovvve prawns! Don't you?
The very thought of biting into their orange flesh makes me hungry.
After hearing about BSC's first prawning experience, I was excited to try it myself.
We went during the 'wear green' day 070707, also probably Rach Lum's favourite day.
Anyway, it's somewhere in Marina Bay, some ulu place.
We were given rods and some bait (cockles).
Ew I hate cockles. I realise I don't like shellfish much.
I pick cockles out of my laksa and char kuay teow.
I grew out of liking oysters (thanks to a buffet in Marriott more than a year ago).
And I am not a big fan of the others.
Oh except mussels! I tried chilli mussels here in Perth and it's heavenly. YUM!
Anyway, Colin brought something else which proved to be yummier than smelly cockles - pork liver.

Ew ew ew.

Food Comm! Here to do what we do best! Get food!

Sel, Rach and I hard at work to bring back the Catch of the Day!
I took super long to catch my first prawn. I think they knew what kind of love I had for them.
Anyway, I love feeling the pull on my string and the mildly difficult tug-of- war when you and Mr Prawn are fighting for the same thing - his life.
It's the same kind of feel-goodness you get when you do a lay up and get the basketball into the hoop; Or flip the pan and have every single piece of vegetable fall nicely back in; or when you do a complete somersault and turn right side up. Sadistic in prawning but hey, they're delicious!

This picture didn't make it to the orbituaries. Mr Prawn trying to run away.

Kok snipping off Mr Prawn's pincers before any dreadful pinching could happen. Sniggerrrr...

Our last catch! The final (non) survivor! Courtesy of Sel.

The catchers...

And the catchees. All 27 of them!
Haha! I heard we caught more prawns this time round. Must be the pork liver!
We headed to Kembangan for supper afterwards. Prata!



Two tissue pratas, one kosong and one BOMB.
- 85 with BSC.

I had my last 85 dinner on tables A2 and A3.
And these were my companions (in order of punctuality, haha!)

Extra Small

Regular

Small

Large

New friend, Black. (Chong, he can be a friend of Grey!)
We had the 85 norms, BBQ Chicken Wings - which I am craving for right now!, Satay, Black Carrot Cake - yummier than the white one anytime!, and Sambal Stingray!




I love love love sambal stingray! Regular, unfortunately, did not, and kept sweeping it off a selected portion of meat to indicate it as his. 8-)
I am not a big fan of ah balling or tang yuan but I love the peanut soup! But recently, the ah balling stall promoted new flavours like yam, red bean and green tea, and I LOVE IT! Gone are boring peanut and sesame! My favourites are yam and red bean. Ooh!

Burp!
- Leans backwards and stretches -
- Night out with CPM Project Girls.

We had dinner at Din Tai Fung! (DTF)
Man, I miss DTF! I have never patronized a chinese restaurants so many times in a year!
Back in the days where Rev Tan and I still worked together, we would have DTF at least once a fortnight, some weeks twice.
This time, I met a different bunch of people. It was planned quite ahead, with Aunty Meiyin cos we both LOVE DTF and xiao long bao (XLB)!
Together with the six other girls you see in the picture, we pigged out on Chinese. I had a bowl of shrimp dumplings all to myself - something I will always order when I have dim sum.
Another DTF favourite is their xiao cai. You must absolutely try this! They have kelp! I love kelp!!!
The DTF I went to that night is the one I've been patronizing with Rev Tan, as well as the rest of our ex-colleagues, the one in Paragon's basement.
Due to it's size, compared to the one in Wisma, it's always easy to get a seat, you don't have to wait. And they have quite a lot of efficient staff who are always attentive to our needs. So far, I have no complains about service at DTF, both Paragon and Wisma.
Once, in Wisma, Rev Tan and I found something in our food. We didn't say anything at all but a waiter suddenly came up to us and enquired. Then he offered to replace the dish and even was willing to strike it off our bill. But RT and I were both too fat so we declined.
I hate the stupid service at Thai Express though, especially Paragon's! Express my foot. Three times I went there, three times my lunch lasted for more than an hour cos they were so slow. And once, my order was just SOUP.
They're always understaffed too and you must wait super long to get a service staff's attention. When you do get one, they will tell you to wait and rush off to attend to customers queueing outside. Hello, settle inside first la, then continue to fill up. D'oh! 8-)
Aiyo, digression.
ANYWAY, I met up with my dear project group from my last sem in TP. Jac joined in too cos I forced her to come along. haha! Char Tay was in some other country, except Australia and couldn't join us =(
I had so much fun working with the girls back in those project days. We totally clicked and synergized. I love these girls very much! And Char my dar is with me in Perth! YAY! I'm having so much fun with her now. We have classes and lectures together too so it feels like we're back studying in TP.
Then there's Meiyin and Karene, the mamas of our group. They received top and second student awards on top of the usual diploma. So cool uh! Both from our group! We're so proud of them! =)

Then.

Now.


We camwhored outside DTF for a while after dinner.
Then headed down the road for desserts at Swensen's!

I like this shot of us fooling around, with a part of Orchard as back drop.
Char and I shared a topless five and Janet was saying she can eat one serving all by herself. While I got a shock, Karene reminded me that I once did it too, together with Nixon, Weishu and her, when we were part of ANOTHER project group for Culinary Science.
I'm glad I'm still in touch with this project group and most of my other poly pals too. I think I met the a few of the best friends I could ever have there.
- Night out with Mel and Clara

Hung out with these girlies on one of my last nights.
Dinner and games at Pitstop.
We played the balance-the-Terracotta-warriors game again.

TADAH!
And amazingly, we managed to make every single warrior balance on the unstable tower. Yay high five!
We played this other game which involves getting prisoners out of jail. And another game that works like Snap!, using cards with monster faces.


After Pitstop, we headed down to Fashionbar, where Clara's sister works. She has this really sarcastic sense of humour and kept us laughing all night. She also brought us around to check out The Cannery's chain of bars/restaurants. I think I like the concept of The Clinic best. Except that I would dress them up as nurses/doctors instead.
- Other local food thingies.
- Stumblets (unofficial word for whatever I stumbled upon) while packing my room.
Alright. I will finish it before the end of July.
| 20:31
|
|
Comments:
Post a Comment
