Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Singapore
    YAY I'm back home!
    Even though I have been away for only six months, I forgot how humid and hot Singapore is, plainly because it's winter in Perth now.
    Oh, and so SO heavily-populated!
    Take last weekend at Tampines Mall.
    We had to squeeeze between people to the atrium.
    It felt as if all 4.8 million residents were there!

    Anyway, the first few days were pure torture but I slowly got used to the weather.
    Well, I've been living here all my life - though sometimes I wonder how.
    Been meeting people and exploring new developments - Orchard Road has changed so much!
    Ate lots of local food. And Jap food!
    I think I'm getting fat but I don't care!

    Time really flies when you're having fun.
    Heading back to Perth soon and feeling bittersweet about that.
    I'm going to miss my family and friends here (and all the food) but I can't say I can totally break free from Perth and come back to Singapore for good.
    In fact, while I'm back here, I do miss my friends there, the environment, weather, and shopping, etc etc.
    Life is going to be slightly different when I go back this time though.
    I'm gonna miss my lifestyle in college but a bit of me is looking forward to this new chapter.
    I worry because there's uncertainty but I'll take one step at a time I guess.
| 01:10 | |

Comments: Post a Comment