Thursday, 3 April 2008

Up North!
    Isn't time just going by so fast!
    We're in the 2nd quarter of 2008 already yet it still feels like last Christmas happened not too long ago.

    The road trip up North was really fun.
    The highlight of the road trip: I got to drive us home!
    Victor led with his cute Yaris and we kept a steady pace of 110km/h dropping and gaining speed here and there.
    I was watching the back of his car so closely that when we stopped, I could still see two red backlights everywhere.
    At one point I had to go 160km/h to overtake a long vehicle.
    That was pretty cool.

    Something not so good happened on the way back but I don't wanna talk about it.
    Anyhow, I'm glad no kangaroos jumped out and made me hit them or swerve my car or whatever.
    It's really not easy staying focused and I could feel myself dazing at certain points.
    But we had songs and I just forced myself to sing and bop along even if I didn't know the words.
    What an experience!

    Vinnie kindly let us spend the night in his home in Geraldton.
    It's really nice and his mum told us that they had it built from scratch!
    Meaning that they could decide on the interior design and architecture and where they want what, etc.
    So fun!

    We also had a great Easter evening in Cassie's farm, which is huge, by the way.
    I still am quite amazed at how much land one family can own, almost equivalent to the size of a Singaporean estate.
    Anyway, Cassie had a pool, basketball court, games room, many other rooms and many many acres of land.
    We occupied ourselves with the air hockey table which is my all time favourite arcade game! Probably on par with foosball.

    The fun part was our Easter egg hunt which was organized by her mum.
    Easter eggs were planted everywhere around the farm and we had to search for them in the dark, whilst hijacking others with waterbombs.
    The winner managed to grab 100 over easter eggs!
    All 12 of us combined only got 60+ =\

    It's quite clear why, actually.
    We were walking around slowly while others were running from bush to bush.
    Then there were only two torchlights between the 12 of us and Victor and Ben decided to wander away with one of them.
    Oh anyway, Victor's torch is like a star pointer! Or whatever you call it.
    It's super strong and you can see a part of the sky light up.
    Okay I'm probably exaggerating but it's really cool!

    We also headed up to Kalbarri the next day.
    Then we had sightseeing here and there.
    A pink lake/river/whatever, war memorial sight, the beach, gorges, etc.
    A pity we didn't have enough time to drive further up north to Monkey Mia.
    But there's always next time!
    Lotsa pictures and crazy videos were taken during this trip.
    I'll post some up if time allows.
    For now, it's back to the books!
    Midsems are in a week! And project deadlines! Ah help.

    Labels:

| 19:56 | |

Comments: Post a Comment