Saturday, 8 March 2008

TGIF!
    It's been exactly one week since our return to Perth and we're really soaking it up.
    School, stress and all the fun!

    Friday spells freeeee dayyyy for most of us so the H blockers decided to go to Freo!
    I haven't been to Freo since I was in my early teens, I think.
    I remembered it to be a super big indoor market with heaps of shops.
    You can just walk round and round and round and there'll be more things to see.
    But today, the market seemed so small.
    Or maybe time has just changed things.

    There's a shop there selling pretty eccentric stuff and I pronounce it my favourite of the lot!
    Second place would have to go to the fairy shop because no girl would be able to resist entering.
    We also came across this card with personalized birthday songs.
    Em and I got really amused by it, singing along to them.
    They had my name too! But it's pronounced Ke-sarn-dre. Ugh.


    We wanted to have chilli mussels at Tiamo's but Abel had tickets to a footy game.
    So Persis and I went, along with Abel, Heng and Eugene (who got the tickets).
    It was at Subiaco Oval.
    Being there for the first time made everything seem unreal.
    It's like you're so used to watching these games on TV that when you see it real life, and so up close, it's a bit too much to take.
    And we went really close to the field too.

    Footy is a combi of football and rugby (I was told by Heng), and the ball used looks like a rugby ball anyway.
    Tonight's match was Perth's West Coast Eagles VS Melbourne's Essendon.
    Yellow and blue against Black and red!
    So exhilarating!
    We were cheering all the way and because of how fast their movements and the passing or losing of the ball were, we would go
    "Aw. YAY! Aw. YAY! Aw. YAY! Aw. YAY! Aw. YAY!!"

    The players are HUGE.
    So tall and buff that the referrees look like dwarves.
    The guys were teasing us girls about them and I got assigned Player No. 6.
    Alright, woohoo.

    Anyhow, we won by a goal; score of 100 to 94 I think.
    Despite all the slippery fingers and rough manhandling by the dumb opponents.
    YAYYYY!
    "We're the Eagles! We're flying high!"

    Back in Tommy, we celebrated the birthdays of Jono, Char W and Russellyy Russell!
    No quadlaps but lots of alcohol for Jono!

    At first we wanted him to take 20 shots.
    It was later reduced to 10, then 6 with the M blockers taking the other 4 for him.
    But he kept coming back for more, so much so that we had to hide the Jim Beam.
    I think he took 20 shots in the end.

    We also sabo-ed poor Jono with eeky sandwich.
    The spread consisted of chilli oil, peanut butter, instant noodle flavouring, milo powder, redoxen and some sauce from Char L's Korean dough stick dish.
    But he ate it all up none the less.
    Char W and Russell escaped. Lucky them.
    Haha.

    Ben and Jason got forced to eat part of the sandwich too and Ben, you're officially not vegetarian anymore.
    =P

    Then Jason and I got into a cake fight which was so childish I wonder why I got involved.
    Silly.
    In the end we made a huge mess in the JCR and outside, and on ourselves.
    I had chocolate cake in my hair!
    And we had to get cake off the (new) carpet.
    Sigh, I feel so guilty.
    But it was fun.

    And now I'm waiting for my thrice-shampooed hair to dry.
    My eyes can barely open further.
    I can't help but smile when I look back at today's events.
    We did so many things!
    And the best part is, we still have Saturday and Sunday!
    Woohoo! I love Fridays!
| 00:30 | |

Comments: Post a Comment