Friday, 29 February 2008
Happy Leap Day!
- Okay I'm cheating.
The real date today is 3rd March but with the grace of the date-altering tool Blogger provides, I can back date my post. =D
I had not much of a chance to blog on the actual day.
Packing consumed the early hours and I fell into sleep as soon as I hit the bed at 4am.
Awoke at 730am which is the time I'm supposed to check-in.
From then till boarding everything happened real fast.
Last minute replies.
Grabbing things last minute.
Checking in my 42kg baggage.
The guy closed two eyes on my excess 2kg I guess.
Persis told me later that she checked in her overweight luggage of 35kg! Her ticket was for 20. =P
Flight food was sucky.
I remember eating fish the last round too.
Remind me not to fly on Fridays ever.
Leaving my family did not feel so hard now but I don't know why I cried so much harder.
Such a baby, I know.
I hugged Uncle Chris, then Nick and then my tears started collecting.
I hugged Mum and they fell despite my efforts of holding them back.
The moment I saw Betty I gave up trying to stop them at all.
In my mind I kept thinking how I will miss them so much over the next nine months. Especially Betty! =(
Then I gave Betty one last hug and we headed in.
Sigh...
Anyway, along with me on the flight were Persis, Alex, Tim, Char W and Melvin.
It's quite nice travelling with so many people. Just like how a whole big group of us flew back last November.
Persis, Tim and I sat together, 54ABC, but aside from reading the papers and sharing a couple of jokes, we just watched our own movie and did our own things.
I couldn't sleep on the plane cos it was sooo uncomfortable.
Not too many years ago, I declared my love for plane rides but now I think I want to take that back.
Oh I got the window seat and I snapped a couple of pictures before we landed!
Not sure if that's allowed but I cannot help it!
Perth in end-February didn't turn out to be as warm as I'd imagined.
I survived wearing jeans.
Oh, I lost my SIM card while checking if it was there!
Silly.
Good news is that I can retain my old number with a new SIM card.
And to recharge, I would need to pay the same amount anyway, so same difference. =)
A couple of people came to fetch us.
James brought Char W, Tim and I back to college and was late for work in the end. =/
Sorry! But thanks!
Upon reaching our block, we received a nice note from Ena stuck to the door welcoming all of us back!
I regretted not taking a picture but I guess there were more things on my mind then.
Like lugging all our stuff from the storage area back to our rooms!!
Apart from the experience I had from putting my boxes there, that was my first time and it was so tiring.
Good thing Alex provided his room as a walkway from I block, and Persis and I provided our new ground floor rooms as a walkway into H block.
I kind of miss my old level 3 room.
It feels more spacious, actually.
And we miss you Mr Daniel-H51-North!!
We were still pretty used to climbing up the stairs and that led to Char W creating a poster "Cass & Persis go down!".
HAHA!
I can't decide if ripping open our boxes as part of the unpacking process is fun or annoying.
While packing our stuff in, the more muskin tape the merrier. But when you want to tear them open 3 months later, you're asking yourself "Why? Why put so many layers of tape? Why so kiasu?".
That's annoying.
Then again, because you only know what you packed in after opening the boxes, it becomes sort of a surprise, finding out what's inside.
I unboxed many things that I remember looking for when I was back in Singapore.
So that's fun. Kinda.
Dinner was rumoured to be semi formal but it wasn't, thank goodness.
The same old college food on Friday.
I'm glad it's pan-fried/steamed fish and not fried-battered fish.
Then internet connection could not work so I couldn't go online.
But Melvin did his IT stuff and I could go online the next day! Yay! Thanks Mel_ComputerGuy_Lee!
School started today and we're already thrown into a fix!
We have a lecture clash for two core subjects because apparently very few students have such a combination (Marketing and Finance; RIGHT. I know more than ten).
There isn't an online lecture for Marketing, yet there is one for Finance.
But the headache is that Finance is harder to catch without being there than Marketing.
So Persis and I decided that CFP is too important to miss physical lecture for and we will not be attending MR lect instead. For the whole semester.
So sad. I am more interested in what Alvin has to say about SPSS than whoever teaching us about debts and investments and numbery stuff.
And wayyy too bad Alvin doesn't have the habit of doing iLects.
I just hope my bad luck ends here cos I don't want to get Brad as my tutor.
Alright so I'll pray for that while my blog post ends here cos je suis fatigue!
Au revoir!
Labels: Of Recollection and Memories, Of Todays and Everydays
| 23:08
|
|
Comments:
Post a Comment
