Tuesday, 29 January 2008
Goodbye January, Hellooo February!
- You think 2007 came and gone way too soon?
The same is going to happen for 2008.
We're 1/12 into the year already!
And February's the fastest month ever.
By the time I know it, I'll be back in Perth, hopefully mugging, and holidays will come, and maybe I get to tour Australia and then beginning my third year, saying goodbye to Char and Persis =(
And then home for something special on 31st November (Hi Fabian, wink wink) and then CHRISTMAS!
Okay, I know I haven't officially blogged about my resolutions.
I have them all written down in my diary and one of them is blogging more often, to better remember the on-goings of my year.
So... it's a long post below! Beware!
I spent the last Saturday of January prawning with the BSC peeps and Sunday shopping with Joanna and Vivien.
While my prawning skills deteoriated (actually, they were never there), my
shopping skills certainly have not.
We celebrated the birthdays of Chong, Chi-ge and Mr Fireman on Saturday
too!
Headed down to Bishan, this golf academy. Handpicked by Colin
It was a little crowded compared to the one at Marina Bay.
The prawns here are really good at getting away too.
It happened to so many people, not just us.
And because the last time I prawned was in July, 070707, I'd forgotten how hard you have to pull when a prawn was on your bait.
The one time I caught a prawn that night caused an almost-chaos cos the prawn flew up and swang around and there were shrieks and I fell back into a chair.
I guess that was enough drama so all prawns swore never to be caught by me even if it means hunger.
Towards the end of the night, Rach and I took Eddie's rod hoping its luck will turn around.
We resorted to chanting "Get caught, get caught, get caught.." and "Eat the bait, eat the bait, eat the bait." but to no avail.
Kok came a while later and within fifteen minutes, he caught three huge ones!
I think the prawns like a scent of a regular.
Anyway, we barbequed our catch at the end of the night, which really was in the morning.
We also had fun stuffing things into Kok's ear.
Xiao man tous, marshmallows, then after cutting the cake, whipped cream!
Haha!
And yes! Cake cutting!
Each of them had to use their teeth to pull out the candleholder.
And they all got caked!
Sel, Rach and I formed an alliance and protected each other so we went away cake-free!
We got home quite late, and I slept even later and so I was late in meeting Joanna and Vivien!
Sorry girls!
But fear not! One of my new year's resolution is to be more punctual!
These girls are one of my oldest friends in the world.
We go way back to SAC primary.
All those outings from our childhood and brunches, where our mothers will talk for hours and we'll run around playing for hours.
Now we're the ones talking and they're not about teachers from primary school or kiddy stuff.
Anyway we shopped at DFS and Far East Plaza, and that took us the entire afternoon already!
OH, there was this crazy shoe sale at Mondo. Shoes for 10 bucks!
And now, let's just say I don't have to buy anymore shoes for the year.
Later at night, Momma finally came home.
Oh, I didn't drive for weeks and there were leaves and twigs all over Cammie!
I went round asking my driver friends for advice but in the end, I decided to let the car wash peeps do the job.
The moment I joined the queue to get Cammie cleaned, Momma called to say she'd reached.
Anyway, I am so amazed with the results!
They managed to get leaves out from even the tiniest gaps!
And all for just six bucks!
WOOOT!
So we went to pick my mummy up in a very clean-outside car =)
It's so good to have her back.
And I really applaud her for not fainting upon entering our messy home.
I was standing behind all ready to catch her in case that happened.
She sat and unpacked and showed us her loot.
I have new winter clothes!
And ORANGE gloves! =D
And lotsa foooood!
The next morning, she drove Syluie and Nick to school and me to work, went through the mail and bills, cooked dinner and did all the housework.
Our routine is back! Yay!
Then last Friday, I met the hospi people for dinner.
Somehow, our conversations seemed so grown up.
We did talk about normal things like school, relationships, and Australia and college life.
And then weddings. And marriage.
Is it because the bunch of us there were really mentally mature?
I had fun though.
It was really nice to see everyone after such a long time.
Karin for one, whom I've never had a sit down date with.
We were always bumping into each other before or after we flew off or flew back.
Then Evan who is always the nicest, making sure everyone's okay, looking out for everyone.
And my beloved Aunty Meiyin! I am gonna share my stash of chocolates with you cos you are getting so thin!
So sad, we didn't get to have a group meeting dinner thing cos of timing clashes and all.
And Charmaine has gone back for summer school... and I won't see her till November.
We have to meet up soon before everyone goes back to Australia!
Char my dar, get back here this instance!
Karene, get well soon and get out of work! You have to bring your girls out!
Sandra and Janet, I will personally hunt you down in FS!
And I'm finally gonna meet Gerie Berry and Jac this weekend!!
I miss you girls!!!!!!!!!!
| 06:05
|
|
Comments:
Post a Comment
