Monday, 31 December 2007

The Last Today of 2007
    Man, I really liked 2007 because not only has so many big life-altering events taken place, 7 is also one of my favourite numbers.

    I've never really had this habit of recording what I did in the year because I don't exactly have the best memory.
    But after I saw what so many have done, I got pretty inspired; besides, it would be nice to read and recall in say, Year 2017
    So, here goes...

    January
    Seriously pondered about going back to school.
    Min's 21st birthday party marked the start of the series of 21st birthday parties.
    Considered heaps of universities.
    Almost went insane at M.


    February
    Solo business trip to Langkawi nearly made my brain and artilleries explode.
    AWS came and the money went.
    Boss Kang left, which marked the beginning of a series of resignations.
    Chinese New Year brought Dad home.
    Baihakki Khaizan got engaged which ended any dreams I had involving him, haha!


    March
    Watched Paris Je'taime, which, I'm sorry,
    sucked.
    Celebrated Momma's birthday and splurged like crazy. (Dad, you still owe me half.)
    Rev Tan left. =(
    Moved office from basement to 33rd floor which put a whole lot of threes in our address.
    I applied for the few universities I was considering - Monash, UQ and UWA.
    Got so wasted at East Coast Park after a night out with colleagues.

    April
    Finished watching FRIENDS, first round.
    Linda left. =(
    Natasha's purple party!
    Universities came back with their offer. Monash ranked first, followed by UQ, then UWA.
    Submitted my resignation letter and the countdown to unemployment/freedom began.


    May
    More resignations. =(
    Had heaps of errands to run cos Momma joined Dad in China.
    Decided on UWA, finally.


    June
    Passed my driving test! YAYYY!
    Last day of work.
    Slacking began. WOOOT!
    Meeting up with everybody and eating "all the things you can only eat in Singapore."


    July
    Din Tai Fung with CPM groupmates!
    Little things for Perth got settled one by one.
    Surprise at Sentosa! Rode the Luge and watched Transformers, Robots in Disguise.
    Prawning at Marina Bay on Wear Green day!
    Flew off on early Friday the 13th morning.
    Met Ben, my first friend in Tommy More who was forced to help me with my luggage. haha! Thanks Ben!
    Met Joshua who told me college sucked.
    Had the worst first night in Perth ever.
    Met my neighbour, Persis whom I turned out to have a lot of connections with!
    Met the other H bockers and 2 more SACians!
    Orientation and selecting majors.
    Did second reading during Mass.
    Met Kenny Chan Mali Chan and Nad at Garden City!
    Roadtrip to Lancelin and the Pinnacles with Char, Kenny and friends!


    August
    First formal dinner - Christmas in August!
    And clubbing at The Shed after.
    National Day celebrations at the Tav!
    I drove for the first time and almost gave Pam a heart attack.
    H-Block cook out! Local food yay!
    Uncovered the beauty of shopping in Perth - Harbourtown!
    Hatred for ITF began.
    Smallville obsession began (Thanks Char).
    21st birthday. Had Chinese food and 21 kind shots, thanks to Persis. Got my lamborghini too. WOOOT! Thanks girls!

    September
    Mugged overnight with Persis, Char, Mush and Kul for ITF. The next day we walked to the battlefield in a straight row, like an army.
    Exams killed. ITF paper sucked.
    Roadtrip down south! WOOOOT! Albany, Margaret River, Augusta. Saw a kangaroo concuss.
    Played with Mel's pretty SLR!
    Jason came back from Singapore with my hard disk! Thanks Jason!
    Rach returns to Perth for convo and brought more stuff for me and stayed in my room! Thanks babe!
    Rach, Char and I witnessed a parent picking up a sausage from the floor and feeding it to his baby in Ciao Italia. Yuggg.
    Last minute decision to watch Varekai was a good one.
    Manapon takes over ITF lectures and the world collapse.
    Quad Party with no clothes! The night of the garbage girls and dirty laundry boys.

    October
    Spring Feast! - Had super expensive but gooood satay.
    Lots of shopping.
    Lots of eating out.
    Lots of rushing for projects.
    Lots of sleepness nights which brought to my attention the beautiful sunrise.
    Virgin experience at Cottlesloe beach!
    Tucky party and the jaegerbomb and karaoke machine.
    Completion of projects marked the beginning of exam mugging.
    Valete!

    November
    Persis' birthday celebration which spanned over five days.
    More mugging for exams.
    Stock up on Red Rocks, Time Out, Boost and Starburst.
    New mugging places in school and college popped out.
    Sleptover in the library with Melo.
    Exams came. And went.
    Cottlesloe for the last time.
    Char's birthday surprise!
    Home sweet home and cold turkey far away from Perth.
    First meal upon return was at 85 with the complete family. Return of Satay, BBQ Chicken Wing, Sambal Stingray, etc.
    Drove home from there and everyone reached home alive.
    My surprise belated birthday celebration! Heaps of satay and BBQ Prawns!
    Meet ups and pig outs.
    Meet ups and pig outs.
    Meet ups and pig outs.
    Parents went back to China.
    The car became MINE!
    Buffet at Oscar's with Char my dar! Never ate so many prawns in my life.


    December
    Worked at Holiday Inn.
    Rewatched Friends 3 million times.
    Janey's birthday chalet!
    Finally met Shifu after a whole year!
    Christmas shopping!
    Godma's birthday buffet at Royal Plaza.
    Meet ups and pig outs.
    Independant drives.
    Christmas! Morning spent watching the sunrise, random chats and aeroplanes taking off.
    Successfully prepared Fried Bee Hoon.
    Crabs two days in a row. WOOHOO!
    Revamped blog!

    I spent almost two hours referring back to old blog posts and typing this out.
    It was a long year but a very fruitful one.
    Many new experiences and challenges. Leaving my first job, schooling overseas, independance, driving!, new friends and sucky holidays.

    Thank you, you guys who've helped me in one way or another, with work, with getting ready for school (Thanks Kelvin!), with all the last minute meet ups before I left, with the transition in Perth, making my life there so much fun.
    I had a great year and hope you did too!
    Here's to a splendid 2008!
| 18:02 | |

Comments: Post a Comment