Saturday, 15 December 2007

It doesn't rain, it pours.
    But I mean it in a good way.
    Like it doesn't snow, it snows popcorns, or something like that.

    Ok, what I'm really referring to is that I am finally working!
    And the day after I got recommended the job, this recruitment agency called me and offered me another job.
    And and, I got another job offer from someone I used to work with which I'm really happy about.
    Woohoo!
    See what I mean.
    It doesn't rain snow, it pours snows popcorns!

    Anywho, I'm glad there's finally income.
    After almost a month of resting and lazing.
    Thanks to Melvin who recommended the job to me and who was supposed to work with me but there was only one spot left and he gave it up to me due to my very pitiful unemployed state.
    Thanks again Daddy dad dad!

    You know what the funny thing is?
    I don't know what I was doing the whole month!
    I wanted to do so many things which are all not done and when I started working, I suddenly had the urge to do it.
    And there are mamasans, and jie jies and fruits that I haven't met up with. OY!
    But I guess we're all busy with work. =(

    I've been so tired these few days.
    Waking up at 6am for work because it's in bloody Tiong Bahru.
    My feet are aching from all the walking in heels. It must've gotten used to flats and thongs.
    Though I'm really glad I'm back in the arms of where I belong, the hotel industry!
    On the first day, when I saw those numbers I used to hate, I felt excited instead.
    It's so nice to see all those spreadsheets and reports and information that I actually understand.

    And and and, I met some ex-colleagues too!
    I was hoping to see Shirley cos I knew she moved over but she'd already left. =(
    Then Oliver walked past my table and we were both like, OY!!!
    And later at lunch, I met Rose, whom I worked very closely with last time doing the stupid IMF listing.
    I love Rose to bits!
    The hotel industry in Singapore is REALLY small.

    So far, the thing I hate most about the job is printing Credit Notes.
    Have to use some special printer and carbon paper, and make sure the numbers are in the correct places and decimal point is on the line and all that.
    I destroyed 8 copies on my first day. =/
    But Josephine, my supervisor, is really nice and patient.
    When I told her, she actually smiled and said, "It's okay, we can void."
    I think she is super capable.
    She can do so many things at once and her eyes are really numbers-sharp.

    They all speak in Mandarin and there are really a world of things I cannot say in the language.
    And the jokes on the accent started again.
    This other girl who is working with me speaks in the most perfect newscasterish Mandarin.
    I thought she was from China but no, all-Singaporean.

    Another thing I'm so psyched about is that I get to where all those colourful work skirts I bought but couldn't wear at Meritus!
    They're all mostly orange and though my ex-Boss loves orange too, it was too informal.
    But now that I'm only a part-timer, I can! YAY!
    Well, the other girls are wearing jeans but the person who hired me told me I can't. =(

    The canteen is a lot better than Meritus'.
    Actually, Meritus' was so bad that any other canteen with a salad bar and more than 3 dishes is better.
    Except Fullerton.

    Oh and speaking of Fullerton, I met an old captain from my days as a tortured banquet waitress!
    Karene, remember Shiny head?!
    I got so freaked when I saw him.
    He still walks the same way, has a shiny head and talks very beng-ishly.

    Now when I think back, I really regretted submitting to their tortures, especially from that stupid Say Peng.
    If I could go back in time, I would throw the cocktail tray, drinks included, in his stupid panda face.
    Back then, we would just keep quiet and secretly wish we would be his boss one day and turn the torture the other way.
    I'm still wishing.

    I went back to Meritus to say hello the other day.
    A lot of things changed.
    For one, the CSMD team is no longer on the 33rd floor. =(
    I got to meet my boss and successor and they are all looking fine.
    The person who was pregnant has finally popped her cute little baby boy, whom I have no idea how to play with.
    And I got to meet my cute Japanese big boss. Hee hee hee.
    And I got to meet the elder sister I never had who shares the crush. HEE HEE HEE!

    The funniest part is when I was in the elevator, the housekeeping aunty suddenly went "AIYAH! XIAO MEI AH!" in front of the other guests.
    Sadly, I couldn't meet Mr Yim or Ingrid or whoever's still left.
    But we're meeting for dinner tonight! YAY!

    As much as I love my job now, I miss doing this. Sitting in front of my computer and typing away.
    I have to go back to work again on Monday, and I'm hoping the weekend will last a bit longer.
    Sigh, being a student still rules all.
| 09:18 | |

Comments: Post a Comment