Saturday, 15 December 2007

10 days to Christmas!
    And I haven't finished shopping for presents and the party is on Monday!
    Syluie and I went shopping the other day and we all turned into little kids.
    All the cutesy, girly and Hello Kitty stuff.
    I'm a closet Sanrio fan. And Disney fan.
    We bought stickers and now Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie are everywhere!
    ToyStory is one of my favouritest cartoons.
    Of course, second to the other classic cartoons like Aladdin, Bambi, Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, The Lion King, 101 Dalmatians, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, ok Stop.

    And now that we're all grown up, we realise that toys are actually quite cheap!
    I saw a nice Barbie doll for $20! Syluie and I were crazy over them last time, though she claims they look scary now.
    And I was so tempted to buy a cute little note pad with cartoony drawings of a French town.

    We bought a Hello Kitty beauty kit for Jeanette and cutesy stationery for the other girls.
    And we bought this really biggg remote control helicopter for Glen.
    We were thinking of getting intellectual games for him because he is so mature for his age, but we thought that at 11, he still needs a childhood.
    I so want to play with his present!
    I mean, remote control cars can't fly 8 stories high!

    I think Christmas was most enjoyed as a child.
    All the preparation till that day.
    The Christmas Tree, the Nativity scene.
    The anticipation on Christmas Eve.
    The decorations everywhere.
    The Christmas Eve party at Godma's.
    The midnight mass where we would fall asleep in, especially if it's Father Paul Tay's sermon.
    Opening presents on Christmas morning in our PJs because even though we know what Boxing Day means, no one could wait a whole day with it being CHRISTMAS DAY and all the presents temptingly looking out from under the tree! No child can!
    They should scrap the whole Boxing Day idea!
    Then there is the Christmas gathering here and there with relatives.

    I remember believing in Santa Claus so much that I actually wrote to him.
    Then there was once, when my beliefs were much-shakened but redeemed again when there were reports on the news of children writing to Santa Claus.
    The news caster then proceeded to give an address to "all interested children" and immediately, I was bought into the idea again.

    All these memories come back to me through a snow globe.
    So magical, so cherished, yet pretty distant.
    Because we probably won't ever get that feeling again.
    The idea of Christmas now takes on a whole new meaning.
    Still good? Maybe.
    Better than during my childhood? Never.
| 11:21 | |

Comments: Post a Comment