Friday, 13 July 2007
Something tells me I'm taking all this a little too seriously.
- Ok, I'm all packed up but not quite ready to go.
I don't think I am going to sleep. I'm really tired but afraid that I can't wake up in time. The last few times I went to the airport, I remember this same feeling of fatigue. Maybe a little physical, but more mental. And so the saying goes, you can take the girl out of last minuteness but you cannot take the last minuteness out of the girl. Haha.
My luggage is literally stuffed to the brim, or over the brim, rather. The seams have been stretched and pulled so much, and pulled real hard too (thanks to my mum's bull strength) that I really fear it'll break apart and all my things will be scattered in the belly of the plane.
If you cargo people are reading this right now, please please handle with care. I beggg you. Thanks.
My room is still quite in a mess from all the searching for this and that. To think I spent more than a week packing everything into almost-neatness.
I'm stuck facing the hundreds of files on my computer left to be written onto a CD.
And my dear bro is not willing to give up the laptop just yet.
If we look at the percentage, it's 60% go, 40% don't. And of course, the reasons for going are mostly academic.
I don't think I'm prepared to pull myself out of my comfort zone yet.
While packing I looked at my shelf and the little shelves filled with things I use daily. After selecting the few essential ones, the shelf looks so bare.
I think about my family, my home, my room, my rubbish, my friends- from all walks of life and all shapes and sizes (haha!), my neighbourhood, the food, the convenience and familiarity.
I don't wanna leave it all behind. I don't want to leave THEM all behind.
Then again, no one really is prepared for that. I for one, hate that to the core. I detest change.
So I guess, it's now or never. If I don't do it now, I probably will never get to doing it. And remain forever a mistreated slave with the glamorous RE title.
Besides I was the one who initiated this in the first place. Six months earlier I would have never thought that six months later it would be realised.
I know I should really count my blessings. And I know He's always been with me and will be with me while I go through this transition.
Anyway, this is quite a blessing in disguise. I've never met up with so many friends in a month before. I have never felt free-er than when I was in the first few weeks of June. I got to experience real love and concern from my friends and family. The whole night my HP was beeping away.
Thanks you guys. The next post will come from Perth I guess. Or the airport. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers! =)
Labels: Of Todays and Everydays
| 04:06
|
|
Comments:
Post a Comment
