Monday, 2 July 2007

Of Farewell Parties, Homecoming Parties, Birthday Parties and SURPRISE! Parties.
    I've had a couple of outings with friends, which I've been dying to blog about but always too lazy. (But I will soon! I promise!)

    But there's this one last Saturday which I have to have to blog about before I forget bits and pieces a few days later.

    Here's how it all started.

    I was MSN-ing Lum one day, asking her when she's coming back. We all thought it she'll return only in July. However, she was coming back a few days earlier and told me to keep it a secret, organise a dinner thing so we could surprise the rest of the gang.

    So that's what I did.

    I kept her return date a secret for the first few days. But then I decided to tell Sel and plan to turn the surprise on Lum herself!

    So we planned and planned and planned and when the date drew nearer, the plan grew bigger as well! From a simple dinner at Newton Circus, it grew to an outing at Sentosa and a movie!

    Anyway, the whole idea was to get Lum to believe she is going to surprise the whole group when the whole group was actually gonna surprise her!

    To do that, I would bluff Lum that there's an outing planned without anyone knowing about her return and she would come along with me to join them and surprise them all!

    So on that day, I met Lum on the train and trust me, I was sooo bloody scared I would let slip something.

    To make it more real, I kept pretend planning how we're gonna surprise them and telling her to keep quiet when I gave Colin or Sel a call (Lum - Did you realise??).

    Just when I thought everything was going fine, WE BUMPED INTO JEFF CHIGE AT THE TRAIN STATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died trying to pretend.

    Thank goodness Jeff was smart and quiet enough. They talked about school and work life while I was ticking like a time bomb.

    AND THEN. Lum asked Jeff where he was going. Jeff said he was going to meet 'Colin they all'.

    My insides fainted.

    Lum was surprised, pre-maturely, and I pretended. Haha! Kept telling Jeff not to tell the rest of the group that Lum was with me in order to scotch tape it all.

    When we departed at Harbour Front, Jeff bluffed that he was going to meet another friend first. PHEWWW!

    Lum and I headed to Vivo,

    oh and can I digress please? We were hunting high and low for a DBS/POSB ATM at Vivo!

    When we searched the mall directory, they listed ATMs from ALL OTHER banks EXCEPT the ones I was looking for.

    How can such a HUGE shopping mall not have DBS/POSB - the bank most locals have an account with! AND Lum also remembered seeing one when she last came!

    Luckily there was one in Sentosa, Beach Station. And Eddie confirmed that there actually is BOTH DBS and POSB in Vivo and nearby, respectively.

    Ok, so Lum and I took the Sentosa train to Sentosa (haha!) Beach Station. And I am such a sua ku!!! I didn't even know we could take a train there. I didn't know how much the place improved! It was so new we got lost!

    And Colin kept asking me to meet at the Luge when I haven't even heard of it! Didn't know what the heck it was and thought it was some drinks place.

    Got a bit of help when I spotted my Godbro. Haha! I asked him what and where the Luge is, and he was like

    "You pay $xx and take the skyride up, take the luge down. You got enough money?"

    And he reached for his wallet!

    Ahahah I think he still thinks I was the little girl who played with his old toy cars.

    Anyway, we got ourselves there only to find the place filled with people, all except the people who were supposed to surprise Lum and the ones Lum thought she was gonna surprise. Yeah.

    I think Lum got a bit suspicious cos I didn't know where they were and she thought that THEY coming to find US wasn't gonna make the surprise very surprisey (cos we wouldn't have the opportunity to BOO! them I guess).

    So she suggested moving away from me and stood nearer inside, amongst throngs of people, while I stood out in the open, like a bait.

    When I finally spotted Sel, Chong, Colin and Kok, I think I spoilt it by running towards them.

    -Slaps forehead-

    Lum saw me run and walked towards us and there was like this minute of uhohwhatarewegonnadonow kinda thing.

    Then out of nowhere (actually out of behind us), Eddie and Jeff appeared with a cake, candled by MATCHSTICKS!!!

    And I think we started singing Happy Birthday to Lum when out popped two BK Party hats - one for Lum and the other for me!

    Ahahaha! It was so funny! They were celebrating for us both cos Lum's is almost around the corner and I will be away when mine comes by. They even got us presents!

    Can you imagine what kind of a surprise party this is??? So many twists in it! Everyone thinks they are surprising everyone but ends up getting surprised! Except the real organizers of course; And I thought I was part of the team!

    But it was really sweet.. And very well planned. Thanks you guys!

    So we sliced the cake, ate it, shared a table with a family. Colin called a little girl 'boy boy' and Eddie became Edwin. Haha!

    Kok Ling queued for Skyride and Luge tickets. We queued to get onto the Skyride. We screamed when getting onto the thing cos you have to be quick to dump your butt on one of the seats COS THE THING DOES NOT STOP FOR YOU!

    When we got off ten minutes later, we screamed again cos, same thing, thing does not stop, have to get butts off.

    It's pretty similar to those ski lifts where your feet dangles above the ground while you're transported upwards. BUT the height for this one was so great that it got me scared looking down.

    View was great though. As Lum calls it, paddlepop sky!
    P1040750

    When we finally reached the Luge place, the queue was so so long and it was getting real humid. But yeah we got to ride the Luge alive so stop complaining Cass.

    And fun it really was! I love it love it love it!

    You sit on it with your legs apart, like you would on a go-kart. To brake, you pull the handles toward you and to go, release it.

    It was really really exciting though I wish it could be longer. Who doesn't right? There were curves and turns and you have to manovure here and there. Haha!

    While we were still on lower ground, we saw other riders getting their picture taken midway and so we kinda pakat to line up and have ours taken altogether.

    It was soo funny getting it done! We were like shouting all over the place "Sel slow down! Lum where are you?!.."

    The shot turned out like this.

    P1040771

    Overall it was really fun and I would go again. We did wanna go for seconds! But headed to Vivo in the end.

    Dinner at Carl's Jr. Before we met, I was telling Lum how much I have to diet and how I wanna have a salad later. And I did.

    Chargrilled Chicken Salad. A very HUGE Chargrilled Chicken Salad. So huge that Sel, Lum and Eddie had to help.

    We experimented with some salad dressings. Tried this Range dressing but I still love Balsamic V, and I like their Salsa too!

    What makes it greater (the salsa) is that it's free flow! I didn't like the chicken - was too dry; and I didn't like the veggies - was too big. Sorry I couldn't help but complain.

    We then rushed off for our movie - TRANSFORMERS! Robots in disguise. I didn't have much interest in the movie but after watching it, it was like WOAH! Super nice!

    As you would probably predict, my favourite is bumblebee (one of the two good guys who had a bigger part) cos his colour is closest to orange.

    I like how they can poke humour into even the most serious fighting scenes (Josh Duhamel and Mid-Eastern call centre guy "Vould you likg to try our premier...").

    And the first part of the show, where Sam was doing a presentation, got me thinking about my future classroom time. Which is happening in a little more than two weeks. AAAH!

    Oh but I wish they could slow mo the part where the cars transform. I wanna see which part goes with which part and all that. Heh.

    ANYHOW, I give the show four out of five popcorns!

    We ended the night with supper at this Hong Kong cafe, yakking away, screaming at a certain moment when a certain someone's chair fell backwards =P.

    And guess what! This morning I was trying so hard to avoid reminding my mum asking me what time I reached home, when I saw on the front page of Lifestyle, reviews of Hong Kong cafes!

    I stupidly went, "I had supper there last night!". I think she didn't catch it. Thank goodness.

    Ok great! I took two hours just to write this (distractions included). Yet another reason why I shouldn't be a journalist.

    Here are random snaps from our outing anyway. Maybe a photographer instead? =D

    P1040735
    While waiting for the surprisers. The jet came from the National Stadium I think.

    P1040743
    A picture of Sel taking a picture of our feet.

    P1040742

    P1040756
    On the sky ride! Haha! Sel is better at acting scared than brave.

    P1040757
    Taken by the midway camera.

    P1040746
    The guys in front.

    P1040747
    The couple behind. (Sorry it's so dark. Camera auto-recognizes the need for romantic mood)

    P1040762
    Helmeted and ready for the Luge!

    P1040781
    Our Luge huddle! For luck! Haha!

    P1040778
    I LOVE the dashboard of the Honda Civic! So spaceshippy!

    P1040785
    Salad for four and more.

    P1040780
    A pick up we saw. It's a bikebulance!

    P1040819

    P1040838

    They got me a Citigems pendant for my 21st Birthday!
    I think they chose a jewellery cos this year I am supposed to become a lady, GROW UP and be more mature, FOR REAL!
    Thanks guys! I'll try! Haha! =)




    Wanna know Sel's side of the story?

    Labels: ,

| 03:15 | |

Comments: Post a Comment