Wednesday, 11 July 2007
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- (Spoilers ahead. Don't say I didn't warn.)
I just got back from watching the fifth instalment. It turned out very differently from what I imagined while reading the book. Not in a very bad way though.
I must say it has been cut very very very short. Within the first two-three minutes, you get what you read fifty-sixty pages for.
A lot of parts were taken out and improvisions made. Changes actually. Big changes. They totally left Quidditch out! And Umbridge's hand in the fire reaching for Sirius! I totally wanted to see that part!!! And poor Cho, I feel so sorry for the big change in her part. Ok I shan't say more.
According to Babette, a certain character was initially left out of the play, or not so much involved. But Ms Rowling herself stepped in and highlighted the importance of that character, in this story and the next few. I'm guessing that it's either Luna Lovegood or Bellatrix Lestrange. Anyone knows?
My favourite character, besides Hermione of course, is Luna Lovegood. She's crazy and all but very optimistic and cheerful. I didn't like her so much until I watched the movie. And I think I should learn to be more like her.
I didn't get to see much of Hermione this time. I think she's blossomed so much as compared to the last movie, which was when? Ron didn't appear much too. They were all in the sidelines too much.
I'm glad that Harry wasn't so angsty as he was in the book. Though it seemed a bit scary, the way he shouted at Dumbledore. And I couldn't tell that that was the part where he felt like killing Dumbledore.
Babette didn't even read the book and she was quite disappointed already. Said that they didn't care to build up tension and excitement at all and just jump into the climax. Which is quite true. Everything was in such a rush. The final fighting scene at the Ministry happened so quick! I wish it was a 3-3.5 hour show.
Mum didn't like it at all and she made it very clear. She slept midway and while leaving, told us straight "Don't understand. Didn't like it."
Oops. Then again, she totally did not read, did not watch anything about Harry Potter. So did Nick and the whole time I was whispering to them, "You Know Who is the bad guy. Voldermort is the bad guy. Sirius is his Godfather. This is the headmaster." etc.
And when Sirius died, I got asked tri-trillion times, "He died? He died?" by my dear bro. Again that part came too quick that, even when I knew it was gonna happen, I got shocked that it happened so soon.
Anyway, Harry Potter fanatics, it is ok la. You'll have to watch it either way to be a real fanatic right. Cinematography effects were really good. Like the fight scene between Voldy and Dumby (haha!). Just would be better if it didn't change so much.
My favourite is still the third movie. I think it's because I didn't read the book and knew nuts about Harry Potter. Plus, I totally dig the whole turning-back-time thing and the Marauder's Map! I think I will wait for the sixth movie before reading the book.
| 22:43
|
|
Comments:
Post a Comment
