Wednesday, 14 March 2007

Happy Happy Birthday Momma!
    We brought my momma to dinner at Top of the M tonight.

    Food was okay, but since I’m working there, it’s fantabulous!

    (I rather you spend your money at Zambuca, which was really fantabulous!)

    We all took set meals. Mine was a fish. Oh shoots I forgot what fish.

    But there was foie gras on top!

    The really sad thing was that it was burnt!!

    Nick tasted it and I was too sad to bother to ask him how it was.

    He was really looking forward to eating it cos he tried it for the first time last Friday at Zambuca and as I said, it was fantabulous!

    So yeah. What a turn off, if I may use that word.

    The only good thing to shout about was the view, the white-truffle mushroom soup, and really, the desserts!

    I am sacrificing beef and chocolates for lent and I managed to stay off beef but when it came to desserts, no I could not help myself. Partly because we didn’t have a choice either.

    Mum looked really happy and the siblings were amused by the bird’s eye view and were snapping away. So I’m happy. I’ve always wanted to bring them up there to eat. Too bad Dad missed out.

    Anyway, we got Mum a Braun Buffet bag and wallet and before dinner, I ran up to get it hidden under the table. And we sat her further away from it so she wouldn’t see it if she happens to look under or anything.

    And she liked it when we finally gave it to her. Although she only opened it about an hour later when back home. I could feel her heart break too cos she’s just too thrifty to ever get Braun Buffel for herself. I secretly let out a sigh of relief that I didn’t go ahead with Coach.

    So yeah, the night ended with her showing off the bag to my Dad online and Dad spontaneously offering to share in whatever we spent on her that night. Ha, poor Dad.
| 23:19 | |

Comments: Post a Comment